Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alright, Alright! You Were Right!

I would like to start off by saying that I am a woman. Therefore, I don't like to admit when I'm wrong. But, I can't deny it now. Old habits die hard. Really hard. My eating has been less than ideal for the last week. I had kinda hit a plateau in my weight loss and thought what better than to just about stop eating all together. I will admit that for the last week, I ate one meal a day. Which, according to all the experts (aka: runner friends, trainers, and just about anyone with common sense) is not the way to do it. But I, being the know-it-all that I am, know better. Right? Ha! Hello weight gain last week! I was not a happy camper. So, today I consumed three small meals and 1 small snack. My stomach has been thanking me all day! As was my body during my run.

I had been getting quite frustrated during my runs because I just could not seem to decrease my finish time, no matter how hard I tried. I was still averaging about an 11:45 mile, which after 9 weeks of training is just pathetic. Today was a completely different story!

Mile 1: 10:12 Heck yeah! Fastest mile...ever!
Mile 2: 10:18
Mile 3: 12:00 Apparently I take my cool down miles very seriously.


That makes for a 3-mile finish time of 32:30! I couldn't be happier, and I'm hoping it has something to do with my change in eating habits. We'll see what the scale thinks on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment